This blueberry banana oatmeal recipe tastes so good. Not only does it taste good, but it is good! Oatmeal contains fiber and protein. Blueberries and bananas are rich in antioxidants. Another thing I love about this meal is how filling and cost-effective it is. You can get a big container of old fashioned rolled oats for less than $5!
My family absolutely loves this meal. There’s no doubt in my mind, this recipe is a great way to start the day!
(This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of my links, I’ll receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so much! Read our full disclaimer here.)
A few things to keep in mind about this recipe:
- You can replace the almond milk with another milk or water. However, make sure you follow the directions on the package (or use 2 cups water per 1 cup rolled oats).
- If you are swapping out certain ingredients, you may have to add another tablespoon of maple syrup as a sweetener.
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 6 mins
Total time: 8 mins
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup almond milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 medium sized banana
1 cup blueberries
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- First, add oats and milk to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Then, put on low heat and simmer.
- In a blender, add 1/2 cup blueberries and 1/2 banana and blend until smooth.
- Let oats cook for five minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- Once you receive the desired texture, turn off the heat.
- Next, add blended fruit, maple syrup, salt, and chopped walnuts. Mix well.
- Finally, use the remaining fruit as toppings, as well as any leftover walnuts.
And there you have it! I was really pleased with how this blueberry banana oatmeal recipe came out. It’s something I definitely will be making again. Did you try this recipe? Please, let me know how it was! Also, what are some other things you’d like to see here? Use the comment section below to tell me!