75% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck.
Are you living paycheck to paycheck? According to the statement above, 7 in every 10 houses in your neighborhood is one emergency away from a crisis. That’s a huge deal! Many families are torn apart because of financial troubles and I refuse to allow that you happen to you! That’s why you need an emergency fund.
Q: What is an emergency fund?
A: An emergency fund is money that can be accessed quickly in case of an emergency.
Before we continue, take a look at the following statistics for Americans:
- 71% do not have enough money on hand to cover 6 month’s living expenses.
- 46% do not pay their bills on time.
- 48% spend as much as they make or more each month.
- 12% do not contribute monthly to a savings account or any type of retirement account.
- 11% have credit card debt in excess of $5,000.
- 12% have student loan debt in excess of $20,000.
- The average American doesn’t have more than $400 in savings. 
If the average American doesn’t have more than $400 in savings and 75% are living paycheck to paycheck, what happens when an emergency happens? Consider the following scenarios: Read more